• Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
• Must have typing, filing, and bookkeeping skills.
• Must have ability to follow oral and written directions.
• Must have technological literacy with strong computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite & other commonly used software.
• Ability to clear background checks and drug/alcohol screenings as required.
• Must participate in all mandatory trainings and re-certifications as required.
• Ability to lift 75 pounds (weight may vary).
• Flexibility and dependability with efficient and effective time management.
• Must possess proficient written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills.
• Dedication and genuine commitment to TNC Community’s mission.
• General reception duties.
• Greet and assist/direct visitors.
• Answer phones, take messages, or direct calls to appropriate personnel.
• Assist administrative staff members with business office duties as needed.
• Help maintain administrative files (labeling, organizing, etc.).
• Collect, open, and distribute mail daily.
• Perform errands that assist daily functions (e.g., post office, bank, office supplies, etc.), as requested.
• Assist with preparation of materials for new programs/locations/admissions.
• Manage office equipment.
• Manage signed policies and procedures file.
• Maintain correspondence file regarding individuals.
• Process Service Requests by receiving, forwarding to maintenance, and placing original in Executive Director’s box.
• Be responsible for ensuring the administrative offices are adequately supplied with daily paper goods and other supplies (e. g. toilet paper, paper towels, coffee filters, etc.…)
• Provide and distribute birthday cards to individuals.
• Record Board of Directors, Parents, Guardians, Family and Friends, Health and Safety and Management meeting minutes and submit final draft to the appropriate staff.
• Keep front office area organized and tidy, including keeping all bulletin boards up to date.
• Member of the events committee and attends all meetings.
• Be a strong advocate for the individuals we support.
• Manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
• Other duties per official Office Assistant Job Description and as assigned.
You may apply in person at:
12404 E. U. S. 40 HIGHWAY | INDEPENDENCE, MO. 64055
TEL: (816) 373 5060 | FAX: (816) 373-5787
You may apply online at: www.tnccommunity.org
Application Deadline & Procdeures: Open until filled; however, applications received prior to 12/14/18 will receive priority consideration.
TNC Community complies with all applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.